There is a state law that no smoking is allowed within 100 feet of University buildings, but it is constantly violated by students, workers, and the public.
- When you approach people, do so with an ally for support.
- Print cards with the nearest approved smoking area indicated
- “Please don’t smoke here”
- “I don’t mean to bother you, but I wanted to mention that this is a non-smoking area”.
- If several people in your unit are part of the problem, ask to discuss solutions at an upcoming meeting.