Several people in the office circulate emails with cartoons or jokes about the President. I don’t share their political views so I just delete them, but I feel like I am giving them a false impression that I agree.
- Appeal to shared values through email response, “Our team thrives on professionalism and honoring the diversity of its members. I feel like these emails make assumptions and encourage division.”
- Ask around, does anyone else seem uncomfortable with the jokes? Form a coalition and take your concerns to the individuals in question.
- Write back. “I don’t find these funny and would appreciate it if you all respected my views”
- “Please don’t forward jokes. My work email is already full.”
- “I know it’s just a joke, but I’m not a fan. Please leave me out.”